News / Events
LLL Club Plans “Fun Morning”
The LLL Club will meet on Tuesday, November 13, at 10:30 am in the Riverdale First Baptist Bingo Hall (AKA the Community Room). Members and Guests are asked to bring their own lunches and desserts to share. The Bingo Caller will be none other than Shirley Brookshire. Shirley is not only the Caller, but when disputes arise, Shirley is the judge whose decisions cannot be appealed to a higher authority. She is the higher authority. Members and Guests are advised not to cheat. The penalty for cheating is immediate banishment from the Bingo Hall. All adults over 55 are invited to attend this fun morning of “Baptist Bingo.”
Christmas Missions Project
It is time to collect small Christmas gifts for the children whose families receive Food Boxes from First Baptist Church, Riverdale. These are “stocking stuffer” toys, treats, school supplies, and personal hygiene items for infants, children & teens. Remember that these toys and treats must fit into an 8”x10” size gift bag.
Suggested items include:
- Small toys: cars, easy puzzles, play jewelry, balls, airplanes, card games (Go Fish, etc.), dolls, small stuffed/plush animals, etc.
- Books: coloring books, activity books, picture books, easy readers, chapter books
- School Supplies: crayons, markers, water color sets, pens, pencils
- Crafts: Play-dough, small craft sets, stickers
- Clothing: socks, gloves, mittens, knit hats, scarves
- Hair & Hygiene: hair combs and brushes, hair accessories, barrettes, head-bands, pony-tail bands, etc., toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, shaving cream (for teens), shampoo, soap, lotion—regular size or travel/sample size, nail polish
- Kid’s meal toys—still in the wrapper!
- Gift Coupons: McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A, etc.
- Candy: candy canes, lollipops, other “hard” candies. (NO chocolate—it melts!)
- Other: Whatever you think a child would like to receive at Christmas!
Remember: church-appropriate items, please! (No guns, for example!) Items for babies and teens are needed, too!
Bring your donations as soon as possible! Deadline is NOVEMBER 25.
If you prefer, you may give cash to Ann Lowe, who will do the shopping for you!